[WSBARP] Disclaimer of interest & transfer of title to real property

Timothy Lehr timothy at stileslaw.com
Wed Mar 16 14:22:58 PDT 2022

All,

An interesting fact pattern I have yet to encounter:

Sibling A and sibling B on title to real property as tenants in common (they inherited the property from their dad). Both parents of sibling A & B have passed away and there are no other siblings other than A & B. Sibling A then passed away without a Will and leaving only 1 child, no spouse. Child has no interest in the property and would like to disclaim his interest. Via intestate succession, child's interest would presumably go to Sibling B.

If I'm correct with the above, what steps need to be taken to clear title from Sibling A to Sibling B. Child has signed a disclaimer of interest. Probate for Sibling A and a TEDRA agreement seems like the best way, but can probate be avoided? If TEDRA is the best way, does the agreement need to be recorded?

I appreciate any input!

Timothy C. Lehr
Attorney at Law

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D83941.551C11B0]

p:   360.855.0131
e:   timothy at stileslaw.com<mailto:timothy at stileslaw.com>
w:  www.stileslaw.com<http://www.stileslaw.com/>

NOTICE: The information contained in this email is proprietary and/or confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, you are hereby notified to : (i) delete the email and all copies; (ii) not disclose, distribute or use the email in any manner; (iii) notify the sender immediately. Thank you.