[WSBARP] Off Topic - Object to Discovery vs. Object and Bring Motion

scott at scottgthomaslaw.com scott at scottgthomaslaw.com
Wed Mar 2 10:33:54 PST 2022

I suppose you could, but I am not certain what that would get for you.
Protective orders are straightforward, which is why I always make OC aware
that mine are based on the form that is posted on the western district’s
website.  Nobody wants their medical records/psychiatric records/tax records
freely tossed around, so OC probably has some interest in stipulating to an
agreed order.  And if I suspect that I am going to have to file a motion to
get an order, I want to be able to tell the judge, “Look.  I know courts
hate discovery disputes, and I did everything humanly possible to avoid
bringing this very routine matter before the court.  But for some unknown
reason, my learned colleague refuses to agree to my very reasonable
stipulated order.”  Or something like that.