[WSBARP] Zelle, Venmo, etc.

Rich Holland rich at pnwle.com
Thu Jun 9 10:03:50 PDT 2022

A bit off topic I realize, but I was curious if anyone has done the legwork to figure out how a law firm might set itself up properly for something like Zelle.  Specifically, for a small firm like mine, things like wire fees start to add up quickly and I think even realtors experience mild sticker shock when they realize that wires are not free.  I also understand that no lender is likely to agree to fund a loan or receive proceeds by such a method, but I was specifically thinking more about earnest money.  Frankly, it's become a 50/50 shot on whether or not UPS etc. is going to lose a envelope being sent our way and I am grasping for alternatives.

Sincerely,

Richard L. Holland
Attorney, WSBA# 23921

Due to COVID19, the majority of staff is working remotely.  Please email us, rather than calling, whenever possible.

[logo-for-print.jpg]
603 4th Avenue, Suite
Kirkland, WA 98033
877.785.8734  / 866.982.5080 (fax)

BE AWARE!  Online banking fraud is on the rise.  ***PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT SEND FUNDING INSTRUCTIONS VIA EMAIL, PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE TO VERIFY INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE SENDING ANY FUNDS***

The information contained in this communication, and in any attached document(s), is privileged and/or confidential, intended solely for the individual/entity to whom/which it was sent.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately at the email address, mailing address, or telephone or fax number above.