[WSBARP] defective deed in chain of title

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Wed Jun 8 05:57:09 PDT 2022

There are case(s) where a deed is changed by someone else other than the
grantor and then re-recorded where the court doesn't seem to pay
attention to who actually made the change.  I don't know whether of not
those were all instances where the party had limited power of attorney,
as is common in escrow situations.  The new deed could then refer to the
changed deed's old and new recording numbers.  I've always questioned
that approach, but with an $800 piece of property I wouldn't lose much
sleep.

Kary L. Krismer
206 723-2148