[WSBARP] defective deed in chain of title

Eric Nelsen eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Tue Jun 7 17:39:10 PDT 2022

Given the price, is it cost effective to pursue, beyond getting a statutory warranty deed from the seller?

I think the potential legal remedies are (A) reformation of the deed or (B) current owner conducts a quiet title against grantors of the two defective deeds to confirm ownership against the cloud caused by defective deeds. And of course as you say, having 1994 grantor and 2008 grantor issue corrected deeds.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com

Covid-19 Update - All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Please direct mail and deliveries to the Seattle office.