[WSBARP] Torrens Wind Down

Mark Anderson marka at mbaesq.com
Tue Jun 7 16:04:55 PDT 2022

My read of the revised statute is that you can surrender to the Registrar the duplicate certificate, a certified copy, or an affidavit that meets the requirements of the new Section 4.  The Registrar is required to accept that document, issue a certificate of withdrawal, and record the certificate of withdrawal in the county records, along with other documents that relate to outstanding interests in the property.  All of this is “without charging therefor” or “without charge” per the new Section 4.  I don’t see any restrictions in the revised statute that address outstanding property taxes, except as they might appear as a recorded lien on the property.

If you don’t apply to take the property out of the Torrens system, it will be taken out for you on July 1, 2023.

Mark B. Anderson
ANDERSON LAW FIRM PLLC
821 Dock St  Ste 209  PMB 4-12
Tacoma, Washington 98402
+1 253-327-1750
+1 253-327-1751 (fax)
marka at mbaesq.com<mailto:marka at mbaesq.com>
www.mbaesq.com<http://www.mbaesq.com/>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This transmission is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual named recipient. It may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine, or other confidentiality protection. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender via e-mail or by telephone at (253) 327-1750 that you have received the message in error, and then delete it. Thank you.