[WSBARP] Help!! Form 17 Question

Doris Eslinger doris at eslingerlawoffice.com
Thu Jul 28 09:06:30 PDT 2022

The appraisal on a new construction home came in 200K below the purchase price of a $2 million home.  No financing nor appraisal contingency.  $250K EM converted to non-refundable deposit released to builder in January.  My clients are not able to come up with additional funds to close and the seller is unwilling to split the EM with my client.   I just discovered that the house number on the Form 17 is incorrect and one digit off (e.g. instead of "1234 Main Street," it states "1230 Main Stree.")  Will this trigger a 3-day rescission period to allow my clients to get out and get back their $250K.  I would really hate for my clients to lose $250K that they cannot afford. Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Doris Eslinger
Attorney at Law
Eslinger Law Office, PLLC
2200 112th Ave NE | Suite 200 | Bellevue, WA 98004 | Phone: (425) 451-3237 |

This message and its attachments are intended only for the addressee.  Please do not forward this message to others without permission.  The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential, and protected by the attorney-client or attorney work product privileges.  Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, disclosure or use of such information is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by return e-mail or you may call our office at (425) 451-3237. Nothing in this message should be interpreted as a digital or electronic signature that can be used to authenticate a contract or other legal document.