[WSBARP] Landlords, Mutual Agreements to Terminate, and COVID Relief Funds

Brian Andrews brian at hawklaw.biz
Thu Jan 27 10:12:18 PST 2022

Okay, one last question on this thread, and the horse will officially be beaten to death.

If Landlord signs a Rental Assistance Program contracts that states that Landlord Agrees to not terminate or refuse to renew the tenancy until six months after receipt of funds, then I read that to mean that landlord would be barred from entering into any mutual agreement to terminate the lease with tenant. Do you agree?

This seems obvious to me. The only issue I can see is "where does that leave tenant who wants to voluntarily terminate before the end of the six-month or year lease?" Can landlord not agree to allow tenant to terminate the leasehold? That doesn't seem right to me.

Brian H. Andrews, Attorney at Law
brian at hawklaw.biz<mailto:brian at hawklaw.biz>
Hawkins Law, PLLC
Phone 509-529-5175 / Fax 509-529-2564
2225 Isaacs, Suite A/ Walla Walla, WA 99362

Visit our website at hawklaw.biz<http://www.hawklaw.biz/>.

This email is intended only for the named recipient(s) or their designees, and may contain legally privileged or confidential information.  If you have received this email in error, please delete it entirely from your computer and notify the sender.  Thank you.