[WSBARP] Transfer on Death Deed insurability

Jeanne Dawes jjdawes at goregrewe.com
Thu Aug 4 11:40:31 PDT 2022

I'm working on it.  First American here in Spokane is going to ask their underwriter to contact me to discuss why they will not insure.  The person who will be calling me is on vacation until 8/9, so I'll get back to the group when I hear from her.  My contact at FATCO did not think it was because of the 24 month period to file claims against the estate.  She did not have information about the tender of defense case they lost, but has been told that underwriting believes it to too risky because there is not enough case law surrounding these types of instruments.  I know pretty vague, but that's all she had.  Other title insurers in Spokane, like Vista Title, will insure around TOD Deeds.

Jeanne

Jeanne J. Dawes
Attorney at Law
Gore & Grewe, P.S.