[WSBARP] Lease for Life in Seattle

Jeanne Dawes jjdawes at goregrewe.com
Mon Aug 1 16:50:57 PDT 2022

Please reply to the list - I have a similar situation and am working on pro's and cons of a life-time lease vs. a life estate.  The life-time lease should not be a countable asset for Medicaid if tenant does need that in the future, and it seems to me the owner would have better options for removing the tenant if there is a breach of the lease - which is why I'm leaning towards the life-time lease.  I did not know about the Senior tax exemption which is also a pro.

If anyone is willing to share an example of such a lease that would be great.

Jeanne

Jeanne J. Dawes
Attorney at Law
Gore & Grewe, P.S.