[WSBARP] Off Topic - Unpublished Decision with Wn. App cite

Eric Nelsen eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Fri Apr 29 09:17:24 PDT 2022

Is the Wn.App. citation to a four-digit page number, or a really high page number? I think that's just the cite to a page in the reporter indicating it's an opinion issued but unpublished.

I found the below information at: https://www.courts.wa.gov/appellate_trial_courts/supreme/?fa=atc_supreme.paraOrder

Pinpoint citations to unpublished Court of Appeals opinions are made as follows:
If the source has paragraph numbers, a pinpoint citation should be made to the paragraph numbers; a Westlaw citation may be added but do not include a "star page" reference:
Renz v. Dep't of Soc. & Health Servs., noted at 120 Wn. App. 1052, ¶¶ 18-23 (2004).
Renz v. Dep't of Soc. & Health Servs., noted at 120 Wn. App. 1052, ¶¶ 18-23, 2004 WL 629401.
If the source does not have paragraph numbers, a pinpoint citation should be made to the slip opinion page or to a Westlaw "star page":
Edel v. Amway Corp., noted at 121 Wn. App. 1004, slip op. at 14 (2004).
Edel v. Amway Corp., noted at 121 Wn. App. 1004, 2004 WL 792331, at *9.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Covid-19 Update - All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Please direct mail and deliveries to the Seattle office.