[WSBARP] Name Change

Nestor Gorfinkel esq at gorfinkel-law.com
Wed Apr 27 12:49:05 PDT 2022

PC had his name changed. The utilities department refuses to change name on account unless he records a deed with the name change. In my years of practicing law, I disliked the practice when someone would record a deed to oneself because ownership has not changed.
I am in a quandary, as to what to do. I see three options:

  1.  PC sign a deed to "himself" as Newself f/k/a Oldself to Newself,
  2.  Recording an affidavit or the court order in the public records, OR
  3.  Simply have him provide a certified copy of the court order to the utility department.

I have always gone with option three but who knows what the utility department will do.

Cordially,

Nestor Gorfinkel, Attorney at Law
Licensed in Florida & Washington State
Florida Civil-Law (International) Notary

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D85A4E.525FF940]

ATTENTION - This e-mail message and any attachment to this e-mail message may contain confidential information that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not review, retransmit, convert to hard copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail or by telephone at the phone numbers provided herein and delete this message. Please note that if this e-mail message contains a forwarded message or is a reply to a prior message, some or all of the contents of this message or any attachments may not have been produced by the sender.