[WSBARP] Notice Error

Brian Andrews brian at hawklaw.biz
Fri Apr 8 10:49:43 PDT 2022

Good morning!

I have a Landlord who fairly recently issued a 14-Day Notice for missed rent in December 2020, January 2021 and February 2021. Tenant subsequently entered into a Repayment Plan and was paying for awhile, and then defaulted on that Plan. 4k in rent is actually owed, but the problem is that the rent payments for the dates on the Notice have been made, applying the more recent payments to those Notice dates. We then have a current deficit for more recent dates. (Sorry if that is a confusing explanation.)

I think LL needs to reissue a proper Notice for the dates where no rent has actually been paid. I am not confident that we can argue that LL can proceed because Tenant signed a Repayment Plan and then defaulted.

But what do you think?

Brian H. Andrews, Attorney at Law
brian at hawklaw.biz<mailto:brian at hawklaw.biz>
Hawkins Law, PLLC
Phone 509-529-5175 / Fax 509-529-2564
2225 Isaacs, Suite A/ Walla Walla, WA 99362

Visit our website at hawklaw.biz<http://www.hawklaw.biz/>.

This email is intended only for the named recipient(s) or their designees, and may contain legally privileged or confidential information.  If you have received this email in error, please delete it entirely from your computer and notify the sender.  Thank you.