[WSBARP] Administrator/Creditor Pursuing Claim Against WA Property Sold by SS under "Lack of Probate Affidavit."

John J. Sullivan, Esq. sullaw at comcast.net
Tue Apr 5 00:56:55 PDT 2022

Josh:

Assuming the creditor prevails in a lawsuit over the claim, either in the probate action or a separate TEDRA action (if the creditor is also the PR), I think a judgment can be enforced against the house in the hands of the buyer. In a somewhat similar set of circumstances a few years ago my partner did that. What happened was the title company took over defense of the case, settled, and pursued the seller, either on the SWD or the Affidavit.

We’ll see. I just think if that’s an available route, it might work better than pursuing abatement against the SS in a CA court (maybe requiring an ancillary probate down there).

John J. Sullivan