[WSBARP] Crazy ULD Commissioner

Rob Rowley rob at rowleylegal.com
Thu Sep 23 09:47:04 PDT 2021

Only monetary evictions are currently prohibited.  Considering how the slow
walked rollout of the new  Right to Counsel program I am betting we will
not see a single monetary eviction in Washington state until April 22, 2022.

https://www.courts.wa.gov/newsinfo/?fa=newsinfo.pressdetail&newsid=46118

The Implementation Plan
<https://ocla.wa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Implementation-Plan-Right-to-Counsel-for-Indigent-Tenants-7-15-21-Final.pdf>
was
mandated by the passage of SB 5160 during the last legislative session.
That bill gave OCLA 90 days to develop a plan (by July 22) and 12 months to
implement it (by April 22, 2022).

In Spokane County on Monday I completed two exempt evictions.  One where
owner was selling and the other where owner was occupying his primary
residence.

I am aware of at least one attorney in Spokane County who is filing
monetary eviction and alleges in the complaint that the whole ERP program
is unconstitutional.  Old saying that the leading edge is the bleeding
edge.

Robert R. Rowley

Attorney & Counselor At Law

p: 509.252.5074  m: 509.994.1143

f: 509.928.3084

a: 7 S Howard St, Ste 218, Spokane, WA 99201

w: rowleylegal.com  e: rob at rowleylegal.com

 Practice concentrated on business, real estate and general legal matters
in Washington and Idaho. NOTICE: The contents of this message and any
attachments may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, work product
doctrine or other applicable protections. If you are not the intended
recipient or have received this message in error, please notify the sender
and promptly delete the message. Thank you for your assistance. DISCLAIMER:
You should recognize that responses provided by e-mail means are akin to
ordinary telephone or face-to-face conversations and do not reflect the
level of factual or legal inquiry or analysis which would be applied in the
case of a formal legal opinion. A formal opinion may very well reach a
different conclusion.