[WSBARP] Referral Sought: Private Residential Real Estate Appraiser for Estate Tax Return?

David Faber david at faberfeinson.com
Thu Oct 28 14:22:35 PDT 2021

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm trying to track down a residential real estate appraiser who will work
for private clients and is able to produce date-of-death valuations for
estate tax returns in the Jefferson County/Port Townsend area. All
appraisers that I know of west of the Seattle area have either recently
retired or are only conducting appraisals for banks. Does anyone know of an
appraiser who would do this sort of work in Jefferson County/Port Townsend?
I'm looking to send them referrals at least a few times per year.

Alternatively, has anyone heard of the DOR changing their rules on
determining the fair market value of a property for estate tax filing
purposes given just how virtually impossible it has become to find a
licensed appraiser willing to do this kind of work?

Thank you!

Best,
David J. Faber
Faber Feinson PLLC
800 Polk Street, Suite B
Port Townsend, WA 98368
(360) 379-4110

*** NOTICE: ATTORNEY CLIENT COMMUNICATION - PRIVILEGED & CONFIDENTIAL.
This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that
you have received this communication in error, please do not print,
copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also,
please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in
error, and destroy the copy you received.***