[WSBARP] Letters of Trusteeship?

John J. Sullivan sullaw at comcast.net
Mon Oct 4 14:34:09 PDT 2021

Listmates:

I have a new bank thing. I’m probating a will up here with a testamentary minor trust with a situs in CA. Trustee went to open a bank account in CA. Bank says it needs “Letters of Trusteeship” from the court. Apparently that’s an actual thing in some states like CA or NY.

Obviously, I won’t be able to get them up here. Does anyone have experience with CA banks? Will they accept an explanation? I was thinking a Receipt and Release (which I need to file up here anyway) would evidence the source of funds and the trustee’s acceptance of appointment. I could even work in an oath I suppose.

John J. Sullivan

Sent from my iPhone