[WSBARP] Growing marijuana a breach of lease?

scott.glen.thomas scott.glen.thomas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 10:17:29 PST 2021

I agree with Mr. Glasson.  But here is an observation.  This summer I defended against an UD arguing that the federal moratorium applied (the state moratorium did not.) Two different Skagit judges had no difficulty recognizing the federal moratorium, despite OC's forceful arguments.  You could conclude either that these judges were respectful of federal law, or that they were not interested in evicting my client.  I don't know which conclusion is the correct one, and maybe both are.  But I do think judges are much more open to tenants' arguments than they once were, at least in this neck of the woods.  Have an enjoyable TG.Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: Maxwell Glasson <max at glassonlegal.com> Date: 11/24/21  9:53 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: WSBA Real Property Listserv <wsbarp at lists.wsbarppt.com> Subject: Re: [WSBARP] Growing marijuana a breach of lease?

Tim,

My view is that the failure to comply with laws would be grounds for the 10-day notice and for UD if they do not comply.  Unless the tenant has a cultivator's permit (a commercial use which would also likely be a violation) or is a medical
 patient who voluntarily joined the state database (doubtful), they really don’t have any valid objections.  For the latter objection, they would likely need to have made a request for reasonable accommodation anyhow.

Regards,

Maxwell B. Glasson
Glasson Legal, PLLC
2212 Queen Anne Ave. N, #659
Seattle, Washington, 98109
206-627-0528
max at glassonlegal.com
www.glassonlegal.com

WA# 51948  NV# 13339  CA# 292356
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS TRANSMISSION IS CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY BE ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED. THE INFORMATION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL TO WHOM OR THE
 ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED. IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, OR THE EMPLOYEE OR AGENT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERING IT TO THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY USE, DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION OR COPYING OF THIS COMMUNICATION IS
 STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS IN ERROR, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY US AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE.