[WSBARP] Creditor of Property Subject to Sale by Receiver

Ryan P. Coon cole-gilday at stanwoodlaw.net
Wed Nov 10 12:22:20 PST 2021

Listies,

I'm unfamiliar with receiverships and am looking for a little guidance,
particularly on how these function procedurally.

Client (C) sold property in County A to Purchaser (P) in a seller
financed transaction (Promissory Note & DOT), where C is the beneficiary
of the Note and DOT. The property is actually a tribal lease, so
technically the sale was an Assignment of Lease, if that's important. P
was thereafter involved in a lawsuit (unrelated to the property or my
client) in County B wherein a large judgment was had against P and Lis
Pendens filed against the property. Subsequent to the judgment, a
receiver was appointed in that same action. C recently was served with
the Receivers motion to sell the property which includes the request to
order the sale free and clear of all liens and encumbrances .

Having read through much of the Receiver Statute (RCW 7.60) I understand
that the unsatisfied liens attach to the proceeds in the same order of
priority as they were attached to the property. Is that attachment
automatic or do we need file or do something to accomplish or perfect
that attachment? To make a claim to the proceeds do we need to file a
response to the Motion to Sell Estate Property. Or will we need to to
file or respond to a separate motion?

Any guidance on this process would be greatly appreciated. If the
answers are is too complex for this forum is there anyone who would be
willing to talk me through this? Thank you.

--

Very Truly Yours,

Ryan P. Coon

Law Office of Cole & Gilday, P.C.

//

10101 - 270th St. NW

Stanwood, WA 98292

(360) 629-2900 (Telephone)

(360) 629-0220 (Fax)

This message contains confidential and privileged information that is
intended only for the named recipient(s).Unless you are the named
recipient or authorized agent thereof, you are prohibited from reading,
copying, distributing or otherwise disseminating such information.If you
receive this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately.