[WSBARP] Condemnation question - appraisal and offer evaluation

Rich McEntee jrmcentee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 07:53:37 PDT 2021

Hello — I am looking for some assistance. I am working with an organization who is negotiating with the Washington State Department of Transportation regarding a temporary lease across property for a construction project. Certain elements of the property will be destroyed during construction (fence, paved road, etc). WSDOT had presented an appraisal with its offer of compensation. The organization believes that the appraisal has omitted a number of items from the apraisal and miscalculated or misstated some other items. In order to consider the items, WSDOT is asking for a counter proposal to its offer. At this point, the organization is looking to find an appraiser or other qualified person to review WSDOT’s appraisal and make calculations and assumptions that are move favorable to the organization. I am not certain that the organization needs to spend the money for a full re-do of the appraisal but is open to that if necessary.

In light of the foregoing, I am hopeful that someone has dealt with this type of situation before and can provide a bit of guidance based upon experience and can also, provide me with the name or names of a good appraiser who can review the appraisal and offer and provide an opinion that will support a counter offer.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and recommendations.

Rich

RICH McENTEE
McENTEE LAW OFFICE
3800 Bridgeport Way W, Ste A411
University Place, WA 98466
253.227.9894(m)
jrmcentee at gmail.com

IMPORTANT/CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail message (and any attachments accompanying it) may contain confidential information, including information protected by attorney-client privilege. The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). Delivery of this message to anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended to waive any privilege or otherwise detract from the confidentiality of the message. If you are not the intended recipient, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, do not read, disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this transmission, rather, please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the message and its attachments, if any.