[WSBARP] We Knew It Was Gonna Happen

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 16:32:42 PDT 2021

Elderly man brings an eviction and delivers a 60-day notice of affidavit of intent to personally occupy.  He intended to move in because he is in a wheelchair and the trailer has a handicap ramp.  Post-eviction, the family discovers the tenants totally trashed the place with holes in wall, garbage, and vermin.  Family (and elderly man) do not want to move elderly father into the trailer knowing its dangerous condition.  So, the gov's moratorium requires the LL to state an intention to move in.  The moratorium does not give any requirements as to when the LL must move in or what happens under changed circumstances.  And, it seems to me that the elderly father fulfilled his requirement under the 60-day notice because, at the time he signed the notice, he had every intention of moving into the trailer.

Any of you UD Gurus come across this yet and what was your analysis or what was the resolution.  It does seem to me that, on a practical basis, who has standing to complain or who is going to complain (or even find out in order to complain)?