[WSBARP] Mobile home eviction under 59.12

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 18 10:16:53 PDT 2021

IMHO, really depends on the location of the tenant because WA law says the superior court in that county has jurisdiction.  Since a court appearance is generally required (and usually multiple appearances) and there are eviction-mills that keep the cost down, it doesn't make a lot of sense (client money-wise) for an attorney to travel to another county for a UD.  Of course, this doesn't apply to multi-county law firms or law firms that routinely practice in another county.  It would make sense for the attorney to appear because the attorney would be there anyway and the client could split the court appearance costs with another (but unrelated) client.

That said, I occasionally see out-of-county attorneys in the local superior court doing a UD but I always assumed that was because the attorney wanted to have fish and chips and a Red Parrot Ale at Toby's Tavern in teeming downtown Coupeville.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D71BDE.423506A0]

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. E-mail messages to clients of Paul A. Neumiller presumptively contain information that is confidential and legally privileged; e-mail messages to non-clients are normally confidential and may also be legally privileged. Please do not read, copy, forward or store this message unless you are the intended recipient of it. If you have received this message in error, please forward it back to the sender and delete it completely from your computer system.

E-mail communication on the Internet may NOT be secure. There is a risk that this confidential communication may be intercepted illegally. There may also be a risk of waiving attorney-client and/or work-product privileges that may attach to this communication. DO NOT forward this message to a third party. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact the sender.