[WSBARP] Nominees; WAC 458-61A-214; Flyhomes

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Wed Mar 10 16:05:57 PST 2021

Dwight,

Thank you for the answer regarding relocation, but I'm not sure I
understand.  To be clear though, I've always thought relocation paid
excise twice, but one relocation scenario is a bit more clear to me.

Here are the two relocation scenarios I was contemplating:

1.  Relocation company doesn't take title to the property until
immediately prior to the actual buyer taking title.  So the deed from
the relocation seller to the relocation company would be recorded and
then immediately following the relocation company would record a deed to
the buyer.  I'm not sure how escrow handles funds in that scenario.

2.  Relocation company takes title to the property and pays relocation
seller as soon as property passes inspection.  If deal with buyer later
falls through then relocation company will re-market the property, and
may obtain more or less than the original contract price.

It was second that I was considering as clearly requiring two excise tax
payments.  That seemingly fails a number of the tests you posted (the
money doesn't come from the buyer and may be different amount).  But I'm
not sure why the first scenario would fail the tests you posted, other
than I wouldn't ordinarily consider them a nominee of the buyer since
their relationship is with the seller.

Kary L. Krismer

206 723-2148