[WSBARP] Developer Contract Question

Timothy Lehr timothy at stileslaw.com
Wed Mar 10 15:54:49 PST 2021

Real Property gurus,

I have a situation that seems common to me, but I have not dealt with before.

PC develops land and constructs residential houses. He has a verbal deal with a landowner to "purchase" 13 lots from him. The lots are already all developed, equipped with utilities and ready to be built on.
The goal is - PC initially purchases only 1 of the 13 lots to build his spec home on and market to sell.  He also wants a contract with Landowner for an exclusive right to sell the remaining 9 lots at a set price, which would include PC's right to market them with his spec homes and build for potential buyers. When he finds a buyer for each lot, he contracts with them to build their home and the buyer purchases the property from landowner at set price. (I believe that's how it works OR PC then purchases lot from landowner and sells lot + house to buyer). Again, I haven't researched the details on these arrangements.

I'm looking for assistance with the PC's contract with Landowner for exclusive right to market and sell Landowner's lots.

Has anyone assisted contractors/developers with this type of arrangement and would be willing to have a conversation or share a template Developer/Landowner contract that is applicable?

Thank you,
Tim

Timothy C. Lehr
Attorney at Law

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D715C5.B309BF20]

p:   360.855.0131
e:   timothy at stileslaw.com<mailto:timothy at stileslaw.com>
w:  www.stileslaw.com<http://www.stileslaw.com/>

NOTICE: The information contained in this email is proprietary and/or confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, you are hereby notified to : (i) delete the email and all copies; (ii) not disclose, distribute or use the email in any manner; (iii) notify the sender immediately. Thank you.