[WSBARP] Covid clause in construction contract

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Thu Jul 8 06:22:02 PDT 2021

I don't see that an indemnification clause is toothless because a
potential claimant on an indemnified claim might have trouble proving
their claim, at least if the indemnification clause is broad enough to
require payment of attorney fees to defend.

I have turned down occupied listings over concern the occupants might
claim I didn't do something that might have caused them to catch Covid,
even though I'm well aware that their proof would be difficult.

As to the clause, I wouldn't have a problem signing the release, but a
huge problem signing the indemnification, again particularly if it's
broad enough to include paying the defense fees, and maybe even if not.

Kary L. Krismer
206 723-2148