[WSBARP] Best practices on whether to record, and form of, Memorandum of Lease?

Douglas Scott doug at rainieradvocates.com
Wed Jan 27 21:26:45 PST 2021

Eric, In my experience many commercial landlords in 5 year plus leases
insert in their leases that no Memorandum of Lease shall be recorded by the
tenant without the Landlord's express consent.  Landlords are then
reluctant to provide such consent. Therefore, recordings of commercial
leases are not common.
*DOUGLAS W. SCOTT*
Rainier Legal Advocates|LLC

465 Rainier Blvd. N., Suite C
Issaquah, Washington 98027
425.392.8550 (tel)
425.392.2829 (fax)

www.rainieradvocates.com

Notice: This communication, including attachments, may contain information
that is confidential and protected by the attorney/client or other
privileges. It constitutes non-public information intended to be conveyed
only to the designated recipient(s). If the reader or recipient of this
communication is not the intended recipient, an employee or agent of the
intended recipient who is responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, or you believe that you have received this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and promptly
delete this e-mail, including attachments without reading or saving them in
any manner. The unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution, or
reproduction of this e-mail, including attachments, is prohibited and may
be unlawful. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is not
a waiver of any attorney/client or other privilege