[WSBARP] Easement with no original conveyance of record

Ryan P. Coon cole-gilday at stanwoodlaw.net
Wed Jan 27 15:56:33 PST 2021

List-mates,

Bit of a complicated question that I can't seem to find an answer on...

/Seller /owns two adjacent parcels, Parcels A and B. Real estate
contract recorded (but no deed that we can find) where /Seller/ agrees
to sell Parcel A including an easement over parcel B to /Buyer/. Despite
no recorded deed, the parties subsequently act as if conveyance took
place (/Buyer/ deeds Parcel A w/ the easement to a Third party who in
turn deeds the same Parcel A w/ easement to another party, so on and so
forth).

Without a recorded deed what is the status of the title to Parcel B? Is
/Buyers/ line of title good? Or would title go to /Seller/ and /Sellers
heirs/? If Buyers line of title is good, does that include the easement?

We represent the subsequent owner of Parcel B (the parcel burdened by
the possible easement) and we're trying to determine if the easement was
ever actually granted or conveyed. Any insight would be much appreciated.

--

Very Truly Yours,

Ryan P. Coon

Law Office of Cole & Gilday, P.C.

//

10101 - 270th St. NW

Stanwood, WA 98292

(360) 629-2900 (Telephone)

(360) 629-0220 (Fax)

This message contains confidential and privileged information that is
intended only for the named recipient(s).Unless you are the named
recipient or authorized agent thereof, you are prohibited from reading,
copying, distributing or otherwise disseminating such information.If you
receive this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately.