[WSBARP] Sale of growing crop.

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Tue Jan 26 13:08:21 PST 2021

Interesting.  Quite frankly I've never heard of a "Timber Deed" before,
as opposed to a Timber Sales Contract, but they apparently have existed
for some time.  Washington Timber Deeds and Contracts, Prof. Johnson 1957.

https://digitalcommons.law.uw.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3195&context=wlr

That 1957 Washington Law Review Article discusses the issues at the
time, but one of the old cases involved a timber deed that allowed the
grantee to harvest timber forever.  Not sure what was left for the
grantor because anything they would do on the property could interfere
with timber growing, but it didn't matter because it went at a tax sale,
presumably wiping out both interests.

The article does discuss the personalty/realty issue, but it's also
almost 65 years old.

Kary L. Krismer
206 723-2148