[WSBARP] Dirters and Title Policy Wonks

John McCrady j.mccrady at pstitle.com
Wed Jan 13 13:54:12 PST 2021

I don't know if anyone else responded, but note the following exclusion contained in the 2006 Owner's Policy:

1. (a)     Any law, ordinance, permit, or governmental regulation (including those relating to building and zoning) restricting, regulating, prohibiting, or relating to

(i) the occupancy, use, or enjoyment of the Land;

(ii) the character, dimensions, or location of any improvement erected on the Land;

(iii) the subdivision of land; or

(iv) environmental protection;

or the effect of any violation of these laws, ordinances, or governmental regulations

Remember also that the rules in some jurisdictions do not explicitly require a deed of conveyance in fulfillment of a boundary line revision.  You might take the BLR and Survey to the Assessor's Office and ask for a corresponding  adjustment to the tax legal description.

That all being said, I always recommend submitting a claim, since each underwriter will have its own claim analysis.

John McCrady
Counsel
Puget Sound Title Company
5350 Orchard Street West
University Place WA 98467
253-476-5721
j.mccrady at pstitle.com
WARNING-FRAUDULENT FUNDING INSTRUCTIONS Email hacking and fraud are on the rise to fraudulently misdirect funds.  Please call your escrow officer immediately using contact information found from an independent source, such as the sales contract or internet, to verify any funding instructions received.  We are not responsible for any wire sent by you to an incorrect bank account.

***Due to the Covid 19 outbreak and with concern for the health and safety of our employees and community; our University Place lobby will remain locked during normal business hours. If you need to make an appointment or have any questions or concerns, please contact us at our main office at 253-474-4747. We appreciate your patience during these uncertain times and look forward to consistently exceeding your expectations.***