[WSBARP] Garnishment

Craig Gourley craig at glgmail.com
Thu Feb 11 11:38:55 PST 2021

Listmates, I have a garnishment question that I am not sure on.  Client is a real estate company that was served a continuing writ on earnings. Since the agent is an independant contractor and the amount owed for commissions is the obligation of the Seller,  does the brokerage owe her "compensation for personal service" or are they holding an asset like bailment or a bank? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks, Craig