[WSBARP] Quitclaim Deed Question

John J. Sullivan sullaw at comcast.net
Wed Dec 29 11:36:56 PST 2021

Craig:

I would say when the dust settles Party 1 owns 100% in fee simple to everything he originally conveyed, and any additional property later appended. IMHLO the standard after title phrase is intended to convey property not included in the original conveyance (I leave it to dirt attorneys to explain how - maybe after a survey showed an additional strip should have been included in the legal description?).

I don’t see the standard language creating a TIC. It’s not like a renvoi in Conflicts of Laws.

Just my two cents.

John J. Sullivan

Sent from my iPhone