[WSBARP] Civil Action for Unpaid Rents

Mark Anderson marka at mbaesq.com
Tue Dec 14 11:31:15 PST 2021

I agree - prejudgment interest is not a feature of the lease nor is it directly imposed by the Landlord.  On the other hand, by making a claim for it in a civil action, is the Landlord seeking to impose prejudgment interest as a charge?

Borrowing a phrase from my contracts professor, I hope I'm not slicing the baloney too thin.

Mark B. Anderson
ANDERSON LAW FIRM PLLC
821 Dock St  Ste 209  PMB 4-12
Tacoma, Washington 98402
+1 253-327-1750
+1 253-327-1751 (fax)
marka at mbaesq.com<mailto:marka at mbaesq.com>
www.mbaesq.com<http://www.mbaesq.com/>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This transmission is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual named recipient. It may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine, or other confidentiality protection. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender via e-mail or by telephone at (253) 327-1750 that you have received the message in error, and then delete it. Thank you.