[WSBARP] Holographic Wills in Washington

Eric Nelsen eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Mon Dec 13 15:05:42 PST 2021

Not valid so far as I know. I haven’t heard anything of an erosion of the “two attesting witnesses” rule except perhaps some argument about the extent to which they must be in the testator’s “presence” as a physical matter (versus in the next room, observing through a window, watching via FaceTime or whatever).

If all heirs at law by intestacy agree to validity of the Will via TEDRA agreement, that could make it enforceable.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
Sayre Law Offices, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA 98144-3909
206-625-0092
eric at sayrelawoffices.com<mailto:eric at sayrelawoffices.com>

Covid-19 Update - All attorneys are working remotely during regular business hours and are available via email and by phone. Videoconferencing also is available. Signing of estate planning documents can be completed and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Please direct mail and deliveries to the Seattle office.