[WSBARP] Property in Name of LLC?

Mark Anderson marka at mbaesq.com
Tue Aug 31 17:29:02 PDT 2021

RCW 25.15.154 alludes to how this situation should be interpreted.  (2)(a) states the authority of a person as manager, which power would necessarily include acquisition of real property.
I agree, though, that the wording is a bit troublesome.
If the IRS won't buy the explanation, then just re-record the quitclaim deed (a "correction deed" if you will) with the parties more clearly identified.  The time spent in trying to get around the recording fee will probably far exceed the fee to re-record.
Mark B. Anderson
ANDERSON LAW FIRM PLLC
821 Dock St  Ste 209  PMB 4-12
Tacoma, Washington 98402
+1 253-327-1750
+1 253-327-1751 (fax)
marka at mbaesq.com<mailto:marka at mbaesq.com>
www.mbaesq.com<http://www.mbaesq.com/>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This transmission is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual named recipient. It may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine, or other confidentiality protection. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender via e-mail or by telephone at (253) 327-1750 that you have received the message in error, and then delete it. Thank you.