[WSBARP] Property in Name of LLC?

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 16:16:41 PDT 2021

Listmates, a perusal of casemaker doesn't reveal an answer.  I have a matter where there was a 2007 quitclaim deed that said (paraphrasing): "Mom, trustee of the Mom family trust, quitclaims the property to Mom, manager of the Mom, LLC."  OK, so RCW 25,05.065 says that for a partnership "property is partnership property if acquired in the name of ....one or more of the partners with an indication in the instrument transferring title to the property of the person's capacity as a partner or of the existence of a partnership...".  So, is there a comparable provision for LLCs?  I can't find one.  Client desires to have the IRS accept that the property is in the LLC.  We could prepare and record a "correction" deed naming the LLC as the "correct" grantee but would rather not if unnecessary.

[Paul A_ Neumiller2]