[WSBARP] real estate specific performance action strange process

Craig Gourley craig at glgmail.com
Thu Aug 26 19:14:14 PDT 2021

We just had a similar situation recently and had to start a whole new case and re serve.  In our case the settlement had a venue clause that changed from the existing county to a different one.  We toyed with a several possible avenues to reopen the case but in the end elected to just start fresh. This is why I refuse, as part of settlement, to dismiss until the settlement terms have been completed.