[WSBARP] Transferring Real Estate to a Minor

Doris Eslinger doris at eslingerlawoffice.com
Fri Aug 20 14:20:48 PDT 2021

I have a client who wants to transfer a real estate title to a minor.  I have not done this before but in reviewing RCW 11.114 (specifically, RCW 11.114.030 & 11.114.090(e)), I believe that it can be done. The statute provides the necessary language for the transfer: "..., as custodian for ... (name of minor)".  Moreover, the statute allows the deed to name a successor custodian and to extend the custodianship to the minor's twenty-fifth birthday.  If anyone has any guidance, please advise. Thank you!

Regards,

Doris Eslinger
Attorney at Law
Eslinger Law Office, PLLC
2200 112th Ave NE | Suite 200 | Bellevue, WA 98004 | Phone: (425) 451-3237 |

This message and its attachements are intended only for the addressee.  Please do not forward this message to others without permission.  The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential, and protected by the attorney-client or attorney work product privileges.  Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, disclosure or use of such information is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by return e-mail or you may call our office at (425) 451-3237. Nothing in this message should be interpreted as a digital or electronic signature that can be used to authenticate a contract or other legal document.