[WSBARP] Deed/Survey Legal Description Issue - Title

Mark Anderson marka at mbaesq.com
Mon Aug 16 11:17:07 PDT 2021

My answer to your Question #1: I would consider proceeding as follows:

Have the Seller make a claim against the title insurer and let the title company fix things.

If the Purchaser will accept it, instead of a Bargain and Sale Deed, use a Quitclaim Deed with the correct description.

My answer to your Question #2:  If the deed vesting ownership in the Seller is corrected prior to the current contemplated sale, I don’t see any liability exposure for the Seller.

My answer to your Question #3:  Your Seller would face some exposure if you use a bargain and sale deed.  This could be avoided, perhaps, by including in the deed some language that describes the infirmity (in the same way as might appear as an exception on a title report), and the Purchaser accepts the deed with that “caveat.”

Mark B. Anderson
ANDERSON LAW FIRM PLLC
821 Dock St  Ste 209  PMB 4-12
Tacoma, Washington 98402
+1 253-327-1750
+1 253-327-1751 (fax)
marka at mbaesq.com<mailto:marka at mbaesq.com>
www.mbaesq.com<http://www.mbaesq.com/>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This transmission is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual named recipient. It may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine, or other confidentiality protection. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender via e-mail or by telephone at (253) 327-1750 that you have received the message in error, and then delete it. Thank you.