[WSBARP] Erroneous Deeds-Title gurus

Mark Anderson marka at mbaesq.com
Mon Aug 16 10:46:13 PDT 2021

I'm not confident that WAC 458-61A-211(5) would be of much help, given that Mom was only the manager of the LLC and did not own any membership units in the LLC.  The answer might be different if the Trust held the membership units.

That said, WAC 458-61A-209 might help here, even though consideration may not have been paid in the first place.  To cover the bases for conveyance back to the Trust, I would name both "Mom, as Manager of the Mom LLC" and "Mom LLC" itself.  This should cover any interpretation by which the LLC or Mom herself acquired any interest.

A CPA is likely the best resource for the impact fn these transactions on tax basis.

Mark B. Anderson
ANDERSON LAW FIRM PLLC
821 Dock St  Ste 209  PMB 4-12
Tacoma, Washington 98402
+1 253-327-1750
+1 253-327-1751 (fax)
marka at mbaesq.com<mailto:marka at mbaesq.com>
www.mbaesq.com<http://www.mbaesq.com/>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This transmission is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual named recipient. It may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine, or other confidentiality protection. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender via e-mail or by telephone at (253) 327-1750 that you have received the message in error, and then delete it. Thank you.