[WSBARP] Allstate

Stephen Whitehouse swhite8893 at aol.com
Wed Aug 11 10:00:53 PDT 2021

Listmates,      This really is a real property inquiry. I had a client with a boundary/trespass defense issue. We tendered to Allstate. It took them several months and they finally accepted the tender. We presented them with a bill from the date of tender to the acceptance and we never got a response. So we did the 20 day notice to the Office of the Insurance Commissioner and they failed to respond. So we filed suit.      In looking at what the actual legal entity is, while the policy uses a number of AKAs, the actual name of the corporation is the Allstate Insurance Corporation. A lot of appellate decisions reference them as the Allstate Insurance Company, which may be a distinction without a difference. The SOS lists no registered agent for service of process for either entity. I find that somewhat surprising and am wondering if someoneelse on the listserve has been through the same drill trying to serve them, or if I just need to serve the SOS.
Steve

Stephen WhitehouseWhitehouse & Nichols, LLPP.O. Box 1273601 W. Railroad Ave. Shelton, Wa. 98584360-426-5885swhite8893 at aol.com