[WSBARP] SB 1236 - Statewide Just Cause

Annie Fitzsimmons atfitz at comcast.net
Tue Apr 27 17:23:51 PDT 2021

Property Management Experts -- SB 1236 was passed by both houses and awaits the Governor's signature which is expected later this week.  The bill requires 90 days notice for termination of tenancies for landlord's personal occupancy and for sale.  This, of course, is 30 days longer than required by the moratorium.  The bill has an emergency clause in it and takes effect immediately.

I assume this means that once the bill is signed into law, the 90 day notice will be required even though the moratorium is still in effect and purports to overrule contrary law.  Is that correct?  Is that how we expect courts to interpret and enforce this issue?

Thanks!  Annie

Annette T. Fitzsimmons P.S.
P.O. Box 430
Belfair, WA 98528