[WSBARP] Limited Warranty Deed vs Quit Claim

Kary Krismer Krismer at comcast.net
Mon Apr 26 09:39:04 PDT 2021

I think you raise a valid argument about a warranty claim arising while
the case is open.  I'm not seeing an injury post-deed recording being a
concern.  Is there some tort liability that reaches prior owners of
property?  And if there is, I'm not seeing that a QCD would cut that off
because the tort claim wouldn't be based on a deed warranty.

There may be another underlying issue.  Are estate PR's authorized to
grant warranties?  I'm pretty sure bankruptcy trustees think they don't
have that authority (an issue I've never looked into).

Kary L. Krismer
206 723-2148