[WSBARP] Snohomish County Probate Guardium ad Litem non minor

Nicholas Pleasants nick at pleasantslaw.com
Tue Apr 20 13:43:17 PDT 2021

Hi Kristina,
You can pick your probate GAL in any county. I’m not aware of any local rules requiring you to use a list. RCW 11.76.080 allows “some disinterested person” to serve as the probate GAL. The court has broad discretion, unlike RCW 11.88.090(4)(a) that requires the guardianship GAL to be next off the list except in extraordinary circumstances.
That said, Snohomish County would prefer you pick someone off their Title 11 GAL list, which you can find here: https://snohomishcountywa.gov/1441/Guardian-ad-Litem-GAL (scroll to the bottom, there are links for county pay or private pay, presumably you want to use the private pay list). You might look at the notes to find someone who has particular expertise if you need. I’ve worked with just about everyone on the Title 11 private pay list, feel free to call me if you want a personal recommendation.
Best,
Nick

Nicholas Pleasants
Owner

[(Logo) Pleasants Law Firm]<http://www.pleasantslaw.com/>

Pleasants Law Firm, P.S.
2300 130th Ave NE, Suite A-101
Bellevue, WA 98005-1755
(425) 615-7070 tel/fax
nick at pleasantslaw.com<mailto:nick at pleasantslaw.com>
www.pleasantslaw.com<http://www.pleasantslaw.com>
The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and is confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient, or any employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient. Any unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all attachments from your electronic files.