[WSBARP] Adverse Possession case against FDIC

Randy Boyer randyedlynlaw at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 10:15:36 PDT 2021

Listmates

Thank you for you input.  In this case FDIC foreclosed on a second deed of trust over ten years ago.  They never took possession of the property and I believe they forgot they have title.  My client continue to use the property, paying the first deed of trust and taxes for the past 10 years.  A year after the foreclosure deed FDIC sold the note that secured the debt to a Limited Partnership (I do not have a copy of that Sale Agreement).  I cannot determine if FDIC intended the assign the  foreclosed property to them.  The LP reached settlement with my client on the outstanding note.

Sounds like most of you feel adverse possession cannot be asserted against FDIC.  But they are a receiver for the insolvent bank and do not hod on to real property as far as I know.

Randy
Randy M. Boyer                                                 ______
Attorney, WSBA# 8665
Law Office of Randy M. Boyer, Inc. P.S.
7017 196th St. S.W.  Lynnwood, Washington 98036
( 425.712.3107|   Fax 425.778.2274
mail to: randyedlynlaw at gmail.com <mailto:randyedlynlaw at gmail.com>
This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Sections 2510-2521, and is legally privileged.  This email was sent by an attorney or his agent, is intended only for the addressee’s use, and may contain confidential and privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, reproduction or other use of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender by reply email.  Thank you for your cooperation.