[WSBARP] Forest lands

Tom Westbrook tjw at w3net.net
Tue Oct 20 10:46:58 PDT 2020

Hi Michael,

Continuing in Forest Land designation is great to keep tax payments low,
but make sure you client knows if he or she changes the use or withdraws
from Forest Land designation in the future, the land becomes liable to pay
compensating tax. The compensating tax calculation for removal is in RCW
84.33.140

Sincerely,

Tom

Thomas J. Westbrook

Attorney at Law

Rodgers Kee Card & Strophy, P.S.

324 West Bay Drive NW, Suite 201

Olympia, Washington  98502

Phone: 360-352-8311

Facsimile: 360-352-8501

Email: tjw at buddbaylaw.com

Skype: thomas.westbrook

www.buddbaylaw.com

The information contained in this email and attachment(s) are for the
exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain private, privileged
and/or confidential information.  If you are not the addressee, you are
strictly prohibited from reading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise
using this email or its contents in any way. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone at
360-352-8311 or by e-mail to reception at buddbaylaw.com, and destroy the
original message from your electronic files.

COVID-19 UPDATE:

s Rodgers Kee Card & Strophy will no longer maintain “open” hours at the
physical office.

s All the staff is working remotely.  We are routinely monitoring our voice
mail and email, which is the best way to communicate during this period.

s We are still taking new clients but consultations will be telephonic or
via video conferencing, and any in-person meetings will be by appointment
and only if necessary to execute documents.

s Please provide necessary documents to us by scan and email, where
possible, or by mail if not.

s We anticipate these changes will be effective for the foreseeable
future.  We are doing everything we can to maintain the level of service
and professionalism we’ve always provided, even in the face of this public
health crisis. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
 We look forward to the soonest possible return to full operations and
continued service to our clients.