[WSBARP] Contractor Liens in times of Covid-19

John McCrady j.mccrady at pstitle.com
Wed Nov 18 17:11:58 PST 2020

Interesting discussion, and Important issues.

When I consider that  RCW 65.04.015 defines "filing" as:
File," "filed," or "filing" means the act of delivering or transmitting electronically an instrument to the auditor or recording officer for recording into the official public records
And "Record" is defined as:
"Record," "recorded," or "recording" means the process, such as electronic, mechanical, optical, magnetic, or microfilm storage used by the auditor or recording officer after filing to incorporate the instrument into the public records.
It gives a different slant to the language in RCW 65.08.070(1):
"An instrument is deemed recorded the minute it is filed for record."

It sure seems to me that instruments become public record the minute they are delivered to the Auditor for recording into the public records.

John McCrady
Counsel
Puget Sound Title Company
5350 Orchard Street West
University Place WA 98467
253-476-5721
j.mccrady at pstitle.com<mailto:j.mccrady at pstitle.com>
WARNING-FRAUDULENT FUNDING INSTRUCTIONS
Email hacking and fraud are on the rise to fraudulently misdirect funds.  Please call your escrow officer immediately using contact information found from an independent source, such as the sales contract or internet, to verify any funding instructions received.  We are not responsible for any wire sent by you to an incorrect bank account.

***Due to the Covid 19 outbreak and with concern for the health and safety of our employees and community; our University Place lobby will remain locked during normal business hours. If you need to make an appointment or have any questions or concerns, please contact us at our main office at 253-474-4747. We appreciate your patience during these uncertain times and look forward to consistently exceeding your expectations.***