[WSBARP] 60 Day Notice supplemental?

Timothy Lehr timothy at stileslaw.com
Thu Nov 12 11:05:07 PST 2020

All,

Client served  on tenants a 60-Day Notice to Terminate with Intent to Sell back in September when Proclamation 20-19.3 was in effect. Notice gave all sufficient verbiage and references to the moratorium and Gov's proclamation at the time. 60 days has now expired and client wants to move forward with eviction proceedings based off of the notice. I know the latest Proclamation requires the 60 Day notice to be in the form of an affidavit under penalty of perjury signed by property owner, which was not included in 19.3, which we based our notice on.

Any thoughts on whether any supplemental notices, affidavits, etc. should be served on tenants prior to filing summons and complaint in order to comply with current proclamation - or whether we are covered under the previous proclamations requirements? I want to foreclose any arguments for insufficient notice before spending my client's money.

Thanks for your insights and thoughts!

Timothy C. Lehr
Attorney at Law
Stiles Law Inc., P.S.

p:   360.855.0131
e:   timothy at stileslaw.com<mailto:timothy at stileslaw.com>
w:  www.stileslaw.com<http://www.stileslaw.com>

NOTICE: The information contained in this email is proprietary and/or confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, you are hereby notified to : (i) delete the email and all copies; (ii) not disclose, distribute or use the email in any manner; (iii) notify the sender immediately. Thank you.