[WSBARP] Promissory note question

Anthony Gibbs anthony at sounderlaw.com
Wed Nov 11 14:00:29 PST 2020

Bar exam fact pattern time:

PC/creditor issued a promissory note to a “friend”/debtor of his here in Washington, $100,000. Creditor is here, debtor has moved to India. Debtor has a home in North Carolina which is currently on the market but has not yet sold. Debtor has not paid on the promissory note and keeps telling PC “I’ll pay you next week.”

The NC house is the only US asset of debtor, so we need to stop that sale. Can we file here on the promissory note, and send notice of intent to lien to escrow company (or realtor?) in NC while we try to serve OP in India? Creditor has debtor’s office address in India (at least he believes he does) so there is a chance we could get him served.

Any thoughts or lead are most appreciated.

Anthony F. Gibbs, Esq.
Sounder Law PLLC

(206) 734-4374 [P]
(206) 212-7825 [F]
anthony at sounderlaw.com<mailto:anthony at sounderlaw.com>
sounderlaw.com

22014 7th Ave South, Suite 106
Des Moines, WA 98198

15600 Redmond Way, Suite 101
Redmond, WA 98052

**[IN-PERSON MEETINGS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY DUE TO COVID-19 AND AN ABUNDANCE OF CAUTION]**

If you received this email by accident or by some other mistake, please immediately delete it and forget anything you might have read in it, which are probably all just lies anyway. Thank you. I’d also appreciate you notifying me of the error.