[WSBARP] land in Indian country

scott at scottgthomaslaw.com scott at scottgthomaslaw.com
Tue May 26 13:58:35 PDT 2020

Thanks for your insights, and Rob Wilson-Hoss' insights as well.  Yes, this
is trust land, and with your comments I am now starting to see how this
works.  The original leasehold was granted to a corporation to develop and
subdivide the land.  Individual lots were then subleased to others, who
constructed homes.  I couldn't understand why a SW deed would be used to
transfer the improvements.  As I mentioned, past transactions took different
forms.  So that now it is starting to make some sense.