[WSBARP] Juvenile Felony and Administration of Estate

tim at tewilliamslaw.com tim at tewilliamslaw.com
Tue May 19 18:51:19 PDT 2020

The key here is not whether it was as a juvenile, but whether civil rights
have been restored. That is now automatic in WA as long as some requirements
have been met. Restores all rights except firearms (which can also be done,
by a separate process). While I believe this clearly includes fiduciary
duties such as PR, Guardian etc., courts have wide discretion to deny PR to
someone who is "unsuitable". I had a case where a named PR had a theft
charge, went into diversion, and was told it "would go away". It doesn't.
Even though she was never convicted, Commissioner looked at the charge,
noted how recent (12 years) and said no. Hope this helps.

Tim Williams

Timothy E. Williams

Attorney at Law

5302 Pacific Ave